JoKwon's Touching Childhood Story..





"When I was young all I could do for my parents was restraining myself even if there was something I really wanted to eat..."

Idol singer, Jo Kwon's childhood story was truly touching..

In the recently published book "Sebakwi - The Family Story", Jo Kwon honestly revealed the story from his childhood. At times when business was tough and economy was bad all little Jo Kwon could do for his parents was to make sure he did not complain or behave like a spoiled child. "Even if I wanted something I tried my best to pretend not to care. Even if I wanted to eat something I had to hold back. That was the only thing little Kwon could do for his parents," Jo Kwon confessed.

And the "ddokbokki restaurant story" made fans cry.

Jo Kwon explained, "Every time I came home from school, nobody was around. Both of my parents worked and sometimes they would come home passed dinner time. My stomach would grumble. In the morning when my mother was about to go to work I remember she said, 'Kwon-ah, if you are hungry, go to the restaurant across the street and eat whatever you want to eat. Tell the owner that Mommy will pay for it later, okay?' So for a few days I went to the restaurant to eat on credit and the owner started to look at me differently. She said, 'Why hasn't you mother paid up? It's been quite a while. Want to ask for a credit in a ddokbokki restaurant?' All the kids in the neighborhood were looking at me so I stuffed a whole roll of kimbap down my throat and ran away. After that I was afraid the owner might come and look for me so I hid. I thought, 'Today I will just have to wait until Mommy comes home', so I sat on the stairs and waited for my mother. The wait was long and cold."

Jo Kwon also revealed the anxious time when he lived as a trainee for 8 years and his happiness when he received his first income.

"The amount printed in my bank book was 200,000 won. It was the first income I earned after I debuted as a singer. I held the bank book and thought about what I should do with it. Then I decided to settle the cell phone fee and called my mother. 'Mom, I used my first income to settle the cell phone fee! Isn't it great?' And my mother cried." So many readers and fans cried reading that part.

Netizens gave encouraging comments such as, "I read the whole thing and I cried. I hope he will continue to be good and be a filial son", "He grew up so well and cheerful in that hard times ㅠㅠ He doesn't fuss about it on television shows and he works hard."






Almost cried when i read this story! TT____TT
poor kwonnie.. behind all his stupidity & humor, he has this touching story from his past..
kwonnie jjang!!
cya,
TIF.

0 comments:



Post a Comment